Thursday, August 26, 2010

Addendum

Since I forgot to mention it last time, we are at the Curtis Hotel in Denver, Colorado.  We are here for the AUVSI conference.  AUVSI stands for "Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International," which apparently covers quite a range of products.  Matt's company makes radars, which people like to put into airplanes.  We've seen some robots, a couple little flying machines, and this pretty cool PVC submarine-type thing that was surprisingly maneuverable.  Mostly, though, I don't understand what people have made or what it's for.  This is really an engineer's event, and I am not one of those.  I am an engineer's wife, so I just smile and take the free booth offerings and give them to the baby.  We'll have to make sure and put the iRobot squishy grenade in our checked bag and not in the carry-on.

No comments: