Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Friday Night Knitting Club

by Kate Jacobs



My mom is a knitter and I've been known to turn out a scarf or two, so this book about a knitting club had me just a little bit curious. And with lots of people checking it out from the library, I wanted to know what the fuss was about. (Yeah, I sometimes read books based solely on title and popularity...so what?)

It was a good read. No, you do not have to know how to knit in order to appreciate the story, but if you are a knitter, you will probably be better able to relate to the characters. Maybe the book will make you cry, maybe it will make you want to be a better friend, maybe it will make you want to join a club or learn how to knit. Maybe none of those things. It might just make you think, "What kind of a name is Darwin, anyway? Certainly not Chinese." As for me, I did at least two of those things.

1 comment:

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

I sometimes read based on title and popularity too. It often leads me to good stuff.