Tuesday, January 12, 2010

quilting and stories

Over Christmas I read "The Persian Pickle Club" and ever since I've been noticing fabrics. I would love to make a quilt of my own, but alas, I do not even own a sewing machine. However, I do own a laminator and a binding machine, so I could write a story about quilting and then turn it into a book. I won't, though. That's not something I feel like writing. Anyway, the point is that I would like to make a quilt but as of now I do not have the resources. This post is to serve as a reminder of that goal so that I don't welch on it. In the words of my ever-loving husband, welching is for sissies and little girls.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

turns out I have TWO sewing machines. So if you ever wanted to borrow one...for an extended period of time you totally could. :)

Michellie

imemary said...

That is rather generous but I'm not quite sure who's offering...

Ashton said...

I have a machine and a really easy pattern. Turns out, however, that making the top is the easy part. Hah. I'm still quilting one I start last summer. I don't work on it often. lol.But I'm up for it if you are. Plus, I've never seen the babe, and that needs to be reconciled fairly soon.