Tuesday, June 30, 2009

what now?

So...last Friday was my last day at work, meaning that I am no longer an official librarian. That's what I get for moving and not wanting to drive to work. :( But, this is also a really good thing for me. The 4-5 hour days of mostly standing were kind of killer and took away my drive to get anything productive done at home. Now I have the time and the desire to actually cook planned meals for our little family (tonight we will have quesadillas with chicken and green pepper) and do that which generally needs to be done (laundry, sweeping, dusting, etc.) on a more regular basis. So far so good.

Also, since I have a bit of time on my hands, I'm getting back to my creative side. I think I would like to do some writing, learn to play this guitar I have sitting around, and make something beautiful for the baby out of five skeins of this:



If I can pull it off, I will be impressed with myself.

2 comments:

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

I looooove purple! Great choice!

Aubrey said...

mary, i can't believe you've officially moved. and officially finished working at the library! ps. i miss you already.