Friday, April 16, 2010

I am THIS close to being an athlete.

I went running THREE TIMES this week.  I hate running, too, but this hasn't been bad.  I think what usually happens is I go too hard or too long and end up pooping myself out, thereby waylaying any further attempts at the sport.  I'm doing the couch to 5K running plan, and I've got 8 weeks to go.  However,  we have a race scheduled in about 5 weeks.  I won't be ready for it, but I will be more ready than I was for the last one.

Running makes me feel sexy and productive (when it doesn't make me feel dead) because supposedly if I do it enough I will eventually be a runner.  Runners are skinny, energetic folk who wear tight fitting, technologically advanced clothing that does stuff like "wick."  I want clothes that wick, too!  But I'm pretty sure I've actually got to do the running to justify the fanciness, so I'll let you know in a month or two how that's progressing.

When I finally earn some real running clothes, I'll start out with this.

No comments: