Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Two unrelated things.

First thing:

Today I got to see my sister Kristin after almost two years of not seeing her. She and her numerous children are in town for a little while for a last hurrah with various relatives before they move out of the country for another few years.

My sister and I look quite a bit alike, so every once in a while one of her kids would run up to me and then stop, look surprised, and run away. Ha ha! Guess again!

I had a good time visiting with all the chilluns, and I think they were excited to meet their cousin. One of them must have had an extra good time; a little while after they left I went to use the bathroom and found that the waste basket was full of almost an entire roll of loose toilet paper. Woo!

Second thing:

It was a nice evening, so I decided we should go on a walk for some ice cream. To be specific, I wanted ice cream for the hands, not ice cream from a box. The grocery store is about a half a mile away, but when we got there they had stopped selling soft serve.

Not to be deterred, we walked another half mile to find a little custard shop that we had previously enjoyed. We walked to where we thought it was, then a bit further, and then backtracked, but we couldn't find it. What we did find was a large empty lot.... So apparently the place had been torn down and we just hadn't noticed. Dang it.

In a last ditch effort to at least get some kind of ice cream, we walked another few blocks to the 7/11. They did not even have a soft serve machine, but we each picked out something from the freezer bin and called it good. IT WAS, IN FACT, NOT GOOD. I couldn't eat it and had to throw it away. Then we had to walk another mile home, sans delicious ice cream. Ice cream for me, anyway; Matt liked what he picked.

Izzy had been pretty happy this whole time, looking about and whatnot, but by this time she was getting tired and hungry. It was getting dark and I was dressed in a manner that allowed me to be sneaky, so I picked her up and breastfed her while we walked. That was definitely a first for me.

So while I did not get as much ice cream as I wanted, I got a lot more walking. That is probably better for me in the end anyway. The rear end.

This concludes my two things.

1 comment:

C Stevens said...

I miss yuumies (the noted custard shop). They had the best vanilla with raspberry's. They were bought out by the city for the new library. If you still want all they yummyness, they are at the Provo town mall. It would be a really really long walk.