Sunday, June 6, 2010

Do YOU have one?

We had dinner guests on Saturday, and I had planned to make my mom's amazing short ribs.  They needed to cook for six to eight hours, so I was up in the morning getting everything ready.  I had defrosted the ribs in the refrigerator the day before, but they were wrapped in butcher paper, so I hadn't seen them yet.  I thought they would be all set for the next phase of cooking.

They totally weren't, guys!

The ribs were not very short at all!  Instead of the two-inch chunks the recipe called for, there were four long chunks of meat backed by four equally long sections of bone.  I didn't know what to do, so I called my mom.  She was like, "Hmm.... Well, do you have a bone saw?"

...

No I do not. 

However, Matt has a miter saw, and although it was a hard process, we managed to make the short ribs...shorter.


Seven hours later we ate them and they were delicious. 

And we will probably never own a bone saw.

No comments: