Sunday, October 2, 2011

Use those skills!

I have been super busy with basically two things: Webelos and Korean.  Strictly speaking, they have nothing in common with one another.

Matt and I are Webelos Den leaders now.  Pretty much I had no idea what that involved until I actually became one.  Now I'm all like, "I looked through everything and planned it all out so that the boys can earn 20 badges in 12 months.  We have to know all the things."  Maybe I'm a little crazy?  Whatever.  This month we're going to work on the Scientist badge which you KNOW will involve some awesome experiments and probably a rocket, and maybe I will FINALLY figure out how Bernoulli's Principle actually works.  And who doesn't love Sir Isaac Newton?  Motion, yeah!

As for the Korean, I was reading a friend's blog where she said she became obsessed with this show called "Playful Kiss" and so I had to check it out and then I became a little obsessed.  Matt totally served a mission in Korea, too, so he knows all about the language.  I have a textbook and Matt is helping me out a lot.  I've learned how to read the writing system (FINALLY my linguistics minor comes in handy) but the rest is still pretty overwhelming.  I can say a few words, though, like, "Hello!" and "Thank you," and "Stupid."  Oh, and "Why you gotta be like that?" and "Poop."  Just the important stuff so far.  We even learned how to make kimbap (Korean sushi).  Yum.  That's right.  Obsessed. 


I am having an excellent time.

1 comment:

Helene said...

Bahahaha! You crack me up Mary. I love you! But are you sure you don't want to set your badge earning goal up a little higher?! ;p