Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's been like two days, man

Okay, so this is sort of my own obsession, but I still haven't found the answer to that anagram puzzle thing (aka qwantzle) that I was working on the other day, and the author hasn't yet given the solution.  I did, however, find a solution.  I'm pretty sure it's not the right answer (although the start was promising), but it does use all the letters and form real words even if it doesn't entirely make sense.  And because I have no other place to share my accomplishment, I'm putting it here.  Because it was really hard.

So this is what I got:

"I was born too late: everyone understands what I say all the time, guys! I had no doubt until you told it off to the lucky hi fi!"

If you can do better, with "12t10o8e7a6l6n6u5i5s5d5h5y3I3r3fbbwwkcmvg:,!!" as the clue, be my guest.  If this were in one of those puzzle books I would have flipped to the back and cheated a long time ago.

Did I mention that I even had Matt try to write a computer program to help me solve it?  It turns out it would have taken over a thousand hours for the program to finish doing whatever it was that it was going to do, so instead he made me word lists.  And I used them like nobody's business!

No comments: