Saturday, September 11, 2010

Catch-up stuff, followed by a Pooem.

We've had quite a busy time this week, but not so busy that I shouldn't have put something on here.

I got to donate blood for the second time in my life (usually my iron is too low), and that was exciting. Those blood-sucking needles are kind of HUGE. It took me 5 minutes and 18 seconds to fill the bag. I am an awesome bleeder. I love the Lorna Doone shortbread cookies you get afterwards, too.

Izzy scraped up her nose and chin on the concrete outside our front door, and she spent all of today with yogurt in her hair. I am apparently a wonderful mother. Woo!

Here is a Pooem I wrote, inspired by a true story. "Pooems," as the name implies, are crappy poems. Here you go:

It's kinda cool looking out over the lake
I think I can see a boat
No wait,
I can't.
Still
It's pretty blue out there
Blue like when someone stops breathing and then gets dead.
You know?

No comments: