Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I like to get my failing done early.

It is beautiful outside this morning.  Also, it is September 1st, and since I like starting goals at the beginning of the month (week, year, etc.), I was going to resume my running habit today.  We've been traveling so much this summer that my workouts have kind of been forgotten.  I do not feel good about that.

I pulled on my five-fingered shoes, strapped the baby into the stroller, and jazzed myself up to go run 20 miles!  10 miles! ....Maybe a mile and a half.  Whatever.  As we rolled out of the driveway, however, I noticed the stroller had a flat tire.  I looked in half a dozen different shoeboxes and closets for the bicycle pump, but alas, it was not meant to be. 

I did find a jump rope, though, so while the baby puttered around eating grass and staring at her shadow, I hopped up and down and tried not to hit myself.  And you know what?  It was hard.  (Both the not hitting myself and the jumping.)  I think my internal organs have grown lazy.

2 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

Hahahaha!!! Five-fingers shoes?????

imemary said...

I will show you those later...They are awesome.