Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday Sweat Log: The First

(This is one of those new features that I was talking about.  This is where I tell you about exercisey/hard things I did this week to keep myself svelte...if I did any.)

So...I'm sort of back on the running horse.  I don't really like going by myself, and Matt usually leaves for work before Izzy and I are really up and about, so that leaves evenings free for us to go together as a family.  The problem with this scenario is that evening-time is also when we eat DINNER.  And when I eat dinner, I really eat it.

That means that we're jogging around like overheated slugs and making sad, groaning noises.  Anyone looking at us would think that we didn't LIKE running.  So...we've got to rethink our strategy.  I think we ran a total of 2 1/2 miles this week, although we may head out tonight and try to up that.  Maybe.

Side note: I've devoted a large portion of this week to eating cookies, and that's not exactly helping me feel like a real runner.  There are only two solutions to this: having my taste buds removed or being involved in a double dog dare.


Next week: Maybe I'll do some sit ups!

3 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

I am so with you, I made chocolate zucchini bread... and ran!I wonder if that is considered "elective" surgery?

Unknown said...

I double dog dare you to have your taste buds removed!

Unknown said...

(But not really, cuz... eww.)