Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Holidays and Links aplenty!

Apparently this is a big week for holidays.  Or if not holidays, at least days of note.

For example, Monday was Pi Day.  That's sort of a mathematician's slash pie eater's dream come true.  I know a couple of those guys.  Anyway, we celebrated mostly by anticipating the pie eating (chicken pot pie for dinner, cherry pie for dessert) because BELIEVE ME it takes a lot more effort to spend the whole day actually eating pie and quoting pi to the the fifth decimal point.

Tuesday the 15th was the Ides of March.  This is a day best spent 'waring things.  So we did, and nobody was stabbed to death.  Yay!

I was going to say that today was kind of a holiday oasis while we waited for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, but it turns out it is actually National Artichoke Hearts Day.  I just found this out using the magical thing that is the internet (words go in, words come out!).  I may have to rethink my favorite holidays, and I will definitely have to rethink dinner.

Tomorrow (as previously mentioned) is St. Patrick's Day.  And since I'm a Mormon, I will be celebrating by eating corned beef and cabbage, perhaps drinking some green milk (and NOT by getting drunk and kissing random people until I throw up and can't do either of those things anymore).  Sounds like a party to me!

And after all these things it is FRIDAY.  Ah, the anticipation!

4 comments:

imemary said...

Bonus for reading the comments!

http://comics.com/pickles/2011-02-14/

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

And today is my mom's birthday. So there's that all important public holiday. And by "public" I mean "personal."

imemary said...

Well now that it's on the internet it's public. Wish her a happy 29th for me!

Sahara said...

National Artichoke Heart day?! How did I not know this?