Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday Sweat Log: Tarzan can do anything

When I went running a few weeks ago I found a dollar.  So sometimes it literally pays to go slow, guys!  Although, a dollar is not a whole lot of money to get for the amount of effort I put in.  Going slow is also a good way to avoid stepping on all the little snails who apparently have great need to get from one side of the sidewalk to the other.  It's like running through a mine field, only if I misstep I'm not the one who dies.

This week I did not want to go running.  At all.  That interval training last week left me sore all over my whole body until at least Wednesday.  I wanted to sit inside in my comfortable exercise clothes eating Lofthouse pink frosted cookies while watching Netflix and doing puzzles.

One day I got ready to go and made it all the way to the door only to find out that the dead bolt was locked.  Inside I was thinking, "Well, I tried.  This is an obvious sign that I should stay inside and finish reading about Tarzan."  But deeper than that I was thinking, "Don't be laaaaaame!  Tarzan wouldn't let a locked door stop him from going running and killing a lion!"  So I listened to my deeper thoughts and did the Tarzan thing, and it was pretty okay I guess.  I did not kill any lions.

I did about 7 1/2 miles this week.  I read one Tarzan book.

No comments: