Friday, May 7, 2010

It's supposed to taste fancier than usual.

I recently acquired a somewhat used spice rack (somebody moved; I did not steal it from the neighbors).  My first thought was, "Woohoo!  Free spices to make my food more delicious!"  My second thought was, "Wait, I don't know how to use these..."  Carraway?  Fennel?  I only know about sage and thyme because of the Simon and Garfunkel song, which unfortunately does not give instructions for their use.  Looks like I got some experimenting to do.  Matt has already promised to tell me when I make something gross.  He's so great.

1 comment:

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Caraway is excellent in meatballs and pasta sauces. It's also used to make pumpernickel bread.

Spices do expire though. They won't make you sick or anything, but they lose flavor.