Thursday, May 13, 2010

So far, we've had some times.

Monday was our two-year-anniversary and as a present, Izzy made a giant poop on the way to the airport.  We were forced to change all her clothes and do a sponge-bath type thing in the back of the car, but we still made our flight on time.  She slept most of the way to DC which was a second, better anniversary present.
On Tuesday I nursed Izzy in an aviary.  Never done that before...  Later we went to dinner with the other folks in Matt's company, and I ordered a ribeye steak that weighed about 22 oz.  It was huge and DELICIOUS so I ended up eating a lot of meat.  Also we got giant popovers that were so good I had dreams about them.

Wednesday afternoon Izzy and I were napping.  When I woke up, I looked out the window to check the weather and saw maybe 50 cops on motorcycles, with more arriving.  Turns out there's some kind of convention, and the lobby was swarmed with cops in bike shorts and blue shirts, drinking beer.  They filled the elevators and seemed very genial.  Our hotel has protesters, too!  A man with a drum and a woman with a bunch of flyers kept shouting things like, "BOY!!  COTT!! THIS HOTEL!!" and "DON'T CHECK IN!! CHECK!! OUT!!" 

This morning I was woken up around 7 AM by the boycotters.  I have no idea what they are protesting, but I heard them say something about the hotel not being family-friendly.  Whatever, I was having a great time until THEY showed up.  I wanted to throw water on them from my window (how DARE they come between a mother and her sleep!!) but instead I told Matt to beat them up.  He didn't do that, either.  Eventually somebody stole the man's drum, and he shouted about that for a while, and then I don't know where they went.  I do not want to see them tomorrow.

Tomorrow is our last day here, and I don't expect anything exciting to happen.  But one never knows, does one...

1 comment:

Little Messy Missy said...

Protesters and poop....Happy Anniversary...hahahahaha!